Woke up and the water pump decided to go down.
We’re trying to see the positive side of these little hiccups, thinking better it breaks down here than halfway to Panama. By the time we’re done this refit there isn’t going to be an inch of this boat that we don’t have figured out. (Knock on wood.)
Other recent victories on Oceanna:
Greg installed the new drag link on the auto pilot, which helped us determine we did, in fact, need a new rudder reference unit. The rudder reference unit tells the auto pilot computer to which degree to set the rudder to steer the boat. Rudder reference unit ordered, received, and installed; the auto pilot is now recalibrated and functioning.
The electric windlass is also fixed. Months (or maybe years) of corrosion to the electric connections made the windlass inoperable. Greg took apart the connections, cleaned them up with a bit of sanding, re-connected them, and we’ve got ourselves a functioning windlass.
Like I always say, handy and handsome.